Here is the curated list of articles on blockchain governance by influencers.
Good introduction to know blockchain governance:
Introduction to Blockchain Governance
blockchain governance design is one of the most important problems out there, its critical components,
- Blockchain Governance Our Future by Fred Ehrsam
blockchain governance design is one of the most important problems out there, its critical components
I believe governance is the most vital problem in the space.
- Notes on Blockchain governance by Vitalik Buterin
- The article specifically talks about recent trends in blockchain governance using on-chain coin-holder voting.
- On-chain voting is overrated and “informal governance” is much less bad.
- Argues that algorithm and mechanisms could not replace human interference in enacting governance.
- Two formal models for governance: Decision function and coordination
- On-chain voting mechanism could lead to bribery
- He suggests: “In blockchain governance, it seems like this is the only way forward as well. The approach for blockchain governance that I advocate is ‘multifactorial consensus’, where different coordination flags and different mechanisms and groups are polled, and the ultimate decision depends on the collective result of all of these mechanisms together“
- Against On-Chain Governance by Vlad Zamfir
Blockchain governance is not an abstract design problem. It’s an applied social problem.
Blockchain governance is too important for us to let a small handful of cryptocurrency whales make arbitrary decisions.